Despite setbacks due to the COVD pandemic, we have set objectives for 2021 as the next steps towards our long term goal of providing 90% of vulnerable children in the Sansamwenje community access to education.
- Provide 50 vulnerable children from our community with school materials and financial support to pay for their basic school fees so they can successfully complete their current grade level.
- Conduct 5 training sessions aimed at encouraging children to be proactive and refrain from practices that do not support development in Mpangala village of Sansamwenje such as: child marriages, substance abuse and prostitution.
- Identify 2 local NGOs involved in championing rural development to approach about programmatic cooperation, collaboration and funding.
- Identify obstacles and positive interventions that our organization can implement to ensure that the children we have committed to support are able to complete their current grade level and pursue their education.
- Finish the building and establishment of an additional school near the community that will equip 300 more vulnerable children with practical survival skills within the next year.
Daily operations for the school program will include providing food, educational activities, rest for preschool students and administrative tasks.
In order for the school program to operate smoothly and effectively, TIIF will seek to have 1 qualified teacher for every 25 students. As the program grows, more teachers and students will be added. The school will need the following equipment:
- Toys, books and other education materials
- Plates, cups, pots, utensils and other necessary items for feeding
- Other necessities as identified for child education, feeding, exercise activities, and rest.
It is estimated that for the school to continue providing services to the students, the following will be required:
- 2x3 classroom blocks
- Toilets for students and teachers
- Computer lab
- Staff offices
- Recreational facilities for the children